It Might Be A Allergic Reaction To Mold
Are you suffering from a runny nose, sneezing, headache, fever, skin irritation and respiratory problems? If yes, then there are chances of you being infected by mold allergy. Such symptoms should be immediately reported to the doctor so that timely treatment can be taken. The next step is to have a professional mold inspection home inspect and then call in a water damage restoration contractor to remove the moisture and remediate the mold. Mold allergy is a reaction to the mold spores that are being released into the air in your home. Molds are tiny fungi that grow in warm, damp and humid areas. You can sometimes see molds in various areas of the house like a fridge, bathroom, kitchen, basement, carpet, garbage cans, drawers, and closets. Keeping the house clean and free of dust, moisture and humidity is a very good way to restrict the growth of molds. If you first discover mold in your home You can try to clean it yourself, but if it returns you’ll need professional help. Proper mold remediation is necessary to remove the all mold and the spores to ensure it doesn’t return in a few weeks. Let’s discuss some tips on how to keep mold from gaining a foothold in your house, and guard against mold allergy.
Mold removal techniques and tips
Firstly, you should de-clutter your house. Heaps of clothing, newspapers, and books should be removed. The growth of molds takes place in cluttered and dirty areas. You should clean all the closets and drawers from time to time. Do not allow moisture to accumulate in your cabinets, closets, and drawers. Humidity and moisture in these areas will result in the development of molds and likely lead to mold allergy. There is humidity in the bathroom after you take a bath shower. You should have an exhaust fan in the bathroom and use it to lower the humidity level. The growth of molds takes place on bathroom tiles. You must clean the bathroom tiles regularly to remove mold. A bleaching agent may be used to keep the bathroom tiles neat and clean.
Remember, Humidity Is Molds Best Friend
Increased level of humidity in the house may result in the growth of molds. So, you should run a dehumidifier in the house, so that the level of humidity is kept under control. This would help in a great way to prevent the occurrence of molds. The growth of molds takes place in the refrigerator also. For example, keeping strawberries in the refrigerator for a long time may result in the formation of tiny fungi known as molds. So, you should make sure to clean the refrigerator from time to time to remove molds. All rotten fruits and vegetables should be removed from the fridge to remove molds. Molds may also grow in the garbage cans. It is necessary for you to clean the garbage cans regularly to get rid of molds. Remove the carpet or wallpaper if you see molds on them. By keeping your house neat and clean, and getting rid of humidity and moisture, you can effectively get rid of molds and protect yourself and your family from getting infected by mold allergy.